Friday, March 13, 2009

I made the cut!!!

So...remember when I applied for the Epidemiologist position at the Pima County Health Department in Tucson? Well I just made a phone call to check the status of my application.

This is the conversation:

"Hello, I'm calling to check on the status of my application."
"What position did you apply for?"
"The epidemiologist position."
"And what was your last name?"
(I told her)
"Ok, well we got the list on March 5th and you're on it."
"I AM on the list?" (thinking....did I hear that correctly?)
"Yes, you are on the list of applicants to interview. Someone should be contacting you to schedule the interview."
"Do you have an idea of when they will be contacting me?" (Still thinking, did I hear that correctly?)
"I'm not sure, since some departments will send letters or make phone calls. We aren't informed of anything now until they make the final decision of who was offered the position."
"Okay, so I just need to sit and wait until I hear from someone?" (I am giddy and giggling at this point)
"Yes, I suppose so." (I think she was chuckling too, and could sense my excitement)
"Alright, well thank you very much!"

And that was it! So....I'm in Wisconsin right now and if they've sent me anything this week, I won't get it until I return on Sunday. But o-mi-goodness I'm going to interview with them! :) YIKES! I'M SO EXCITED!!!!

I will DEFINITELY keep you updated....

No comments: