Thursday, March 26, 2009

I need this...

I LEAVE TODAY FOR TUCSON!! YAY!

I am in need of this trip in a bad way. This week has been C-R-A-Z-Y (see previous post), and I am certainly ready for some R&R. To top off some of the things that occurred earlier in the week, I received a phone call last night saying that my flight was cancelled due to an impending snow storm in Denver (location of layover). It wasn't until two hours later they called with a new itinerary, with another airline. I'm only leaving 3.5 hours later than originally planned, but arriving only 2 hours later to Tucson. My layover is in Phoenix, so I shouldn't have to worry about snow storms hampering this trip. Now, I just need to get there safe and sound. I am praying that my bad luck is done for a few days (weeks?!), or at least until after I return from the trip.

Tomorrow we will be driving up to Flagstaff to go camping with some of Greg's Puerto Rican friends. I am now realizing that I will be the WHITEST person in the group. But, I will be pretty tall compared to most (except Greg)! We're taking a canoe, kayak and his four-wheeler, so there will be plenty of opportunities for fun. The predicted weather is ideal for camping: Clear skies, 65 degrees during the day and 25 at night. AWESOME.

After the (hopefully) relaxing weekend, it's back to business. Career Fair next week at the U of A, and I am praying that this will be a very rewarding experience. Resumes are printed, suits are packed, and all that's left is coming up with my "elevator speech." The words that will make any employer want to hire me on the spot. It's a good thing I have a lot of flight time to work on that...

I will try and update as the trip progresses....

No comments: