Friday, March 20, 2009

Weekend with Family and Friends

Last weekend, I endured the 7-hour car ride up to great ol' Oshkosh, WI to visit the fam. It was my dad's 55th birthday, and I wanted to surprise him. For the most part, I was successful, although he admitted that he "knew" I would sneak up for a visit. Whatever, dad! We had a great dinner together with most of the family and spent some time visiting at my sister's house.





The great thing about returning to my hometown, is that both my niece and nephew are there! Arjen is getting so big, I just cannot believe it! Pretty soon I'll have to teach him about girls....





I had recently cleaned out and retired a whole load of old hair clips and jewelry, and decided that instead of throwing them away, I'd give them to Asha! So we had some fun that evening playing with her new "pretties." Even Grandpa got to join in on the fun! It's so wonderful that as he grays, he still has such a wonderful sense of humor!!

Saturday morning I was able to visit with my good friend in Berlin, and see her little mid-pregnancy belly. Gosh I hope I'm like her when I'm pregnant! AND....she was competing in a 5K that day! What a crazy woman. But like I said, I hope I'm like that crazy woman when I'm pregnant. :)


We also celebrated Asha's birthday on Saturday, even though it was the 11th. I cannot believe she is 3 already!! The Cinderella cake she picked out was delicious...'course I pretty much like any kind of cake you put in front of me. I'm a sucker for baked goods. It was a nice mini-celebration.

Later that night I got to visit with my wonderful friend, Jody, and see her 4 beautiful children. Her and I went to Starbucks for some yummy coffee and a few moments away from the chaos. Returning to the house, we spent the rest of the evening sipping wine and enjoying a visit with her sister-in-law Sarah and her husband, John. She is expecting her first little one, which is no surprise as there is always someone in that family that is pregnant. Makes me laugh. It was a wonderful evening, and made me wish that Jody and I were closer together; interesting as I'm trying to get a job and move farther from Wisconsin..........

No comments: