The morning devotional I read yesterday at breakfast is still floating through my mind. I didn't have time yesterday to share it with you, so I'm doing it right now! :)
Adrian Rogers defined sin in a whole new way for me in this devotional. A way that I never considered before. It totally makes sense, is so simple and straight to the point. Very cut and dry (which I LOVE). I've often struggled with how to define sin to those who aren't believers, or who don't understand God's Grace. And now, I think I will be stealing Dr. Rogers' words when speaking with others. Perhaps you will do the same. With that, I will stop using my own words and share what he said directly from my book:
----
"He that believeth on Him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God." ~John 3:18
The world doesn't really know what sin is. They think sin is lying, stealing, murder, adultery, or arson. No, those are sins, plural.
Do you know what sin is? Sin is the rejection of Jesus Christ that will damn a soul to hell. You don't go to hell because you steal, lie, or kill. I hear people say, "Sure, I lie every now and again, but God isn't going to send me to hell for that. I might fry a few years in purgatory, but to die in hell for lying doesn't make any sense."
When a man talks that way, he doesn't understand sin. Sin is high treason against a holy God. Sin is clenched fist in the face of God. Sin says to God, "I will not bow to You. I will not serve You. I will not trust You." THAT is sin.
The great commandment is to love God with all your heart, soul, and mind. The great sin is not to.
Have you realized that without Christ, you are destined for hell? Do you agree with Psalm 16:2 and Isaiah 43:11? If not, I encourage you to repent and believe upon Him today. Surrender your life in exchange for His.
----
Pretty incredible, isn't it? I certainly agree with Dr. Rogers, and am so thankful that he put it into words that are so simple. I hope that you do too. If you are uncertain, drop me a line.
No comments:
Post a Comment