Friday, March 13, 2009

God's Thoughts Toward His Daughters

This is an exceptionally great little poem thingee that my Sunday School Class Leader handed out to us this past Sunday. All of the words come right out of scripture. I didn't tell her I was going to post it here, so I hope she doesn't mind. I think she said she got it from someplace as well, but I just can't remember. I easily forget little details like that...

Please share this with other ladies in your life:

God's Thoughts Toward His Daughters
I made her, she is different. She's unique. With love I formed her in her mother's womb. I fashioned her with great joy. I remember, with great pleasure, the day I created her. Psalm 139:13-16

I love her smile. I love her ways. I love to hear her laugh. And the silly things she says and does. She brings me great pleasure. This is how I made her. Psalm 139:17

I made her pretty and not beautiful, because I knew her heart, and knew that she would be in vain. I wanted her to search out her heart and to learn that it would be Me in her that would make her beautiful, and it would be Me in her that would draw friends to her. 1 Peter 3:3-5

I made her in such a way, that she would need Me. I made her a little more lonesome than she would like to be, only because I want her to turn to Me in her loneliness, only because I need for her to learn to depend on Me. I know her heart, I know if I had not made her like this, she would go on her own chosen way and forget Me, her Creator. Psalm 62:5-8

I have given her many good and happy things, because I love her. Psalm 84:11, Romans 8:32

Because I love her, I have seen her broken heart, and the tears she'd cried alone. I have cried with her, and had a broken heart, too. Psalm 56:8

Many times she has stumbled and fallen alone only because she would not hold My hand. So many times she's learned the hard way because she would not listen to My voice. Isaiah 66:2

So many times I have set back and sadly watched her go her merry way alone, only to watch her return to My arms, sad and broken. Isaiah 66:2

And now she is Mine again. I made her, and then I bought her, because I love her. Romans 5:8

I have to reshape and remold her. To renew her to what I had planned for her to be. It has not been easy for her or for Me. Jeremiah 29:11

I want her to be conformed to My image. This high goal I have set for her, because I love her. 2C Corinthians 2:14

No comments: