Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Welcome to the world of Blogging!

My name is Rebecca, and I want to become a blogger!! No, this is not a New Year's Resolution. I actually created this blog quite a few months ago, but just recently have had time to get it jump started. The thing is, I've reached a sort of "crossroads" in my life, where everything (I hope) is going to be changing. Just exactly when, I am unsure. But I welcome it, and am extremely excited for it. At any rate...the worlds of Facebook and Myspace just aren't as fun anymore. I've come to the realization that they encourage us to be on the lookout to see what everyone else is doing and who they are dating, and what new trend is starting, and who happens to be on these sites instead of working or doing something more important. Sure, they are fun to catch up with others-especially old friends from high school or college. But overall...I'm done with them, and this will be an outlet for me to share the changes occurring in my life-good and bad.

For those of you that know me extremely well, you are aware that I love coffee. So I've used this infatuation of one of God's best creations in the title of my blog site. I'd like to think that life is like a bottomless cup of coffee. Full of flavor, long-lasting, and to fill it up, you need to do something about it yourself. Coffee can be hot or cold, in an exotic drink or just plain old black. Regardless, like each of our lives, coffee can be great some days, and not as satisfying on others.

So this site will be a place where I'll blog a variety of things. Certainly, I'll be sharing updates on life and where I stand with the upcoming changes. Additionally, I'm hoping to share the lessons I lead from my weekly Bible Study and also any specific devotions that strike me as interesting or important to share. And pictures of course!! Of friends, family and travel...and whatever else seems like it would be fun to put out there.

Well I'm excited about this! I hope you enjoy sharing with me in my coffee cup life. Just as I thirst for coffee each morning, I also thirst for God and all that He has in store for me. I hope that you feel the same.

"Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled." Matthew 5:6

No comments: