Each day after work, I stop at the masses of mailboxes at the front of my apartment property to retrieve my mail. Oddly enough, my box is located about 5.5 feet off the ground, just above my head. As a result, I reach up with one arm to do a sweep of the mailbox, followed by a little hop to attempt to look into the box to ensure I've emptied its contents. I'm sure it's entertaining moment to observe.
At any rate, as usual, I reach up into my box for the intial sweep, did my little hop, and came upon the package key. See, if you receive something that is too large for the box, the postal worker places it into a large mailbox, putting its key in your box. Having this big key is a very exciting thing!! It means you have something other than bills, grocery ads and junk mail!! So with an added skip in my step, I went over to the large package mail boxes. After struggling to get the respective box open, I saw a box with a beautifully created address label with my name on it. It was from my mother. I wasn't expecting anything from her, so I was curious as to its contents.
Walking back to my car, I gently tore open the box. I was amazed at what I saw. A box full of beautiful, dry leaves. I knew instantly that they were from the yard of my parents' house back in Wisconsin. Along the inside of the box was this note:
"A little touch of Wisconsin fall for you. Love Mom"
I was extremely moved. It was so thoughtful of her to do this for me! I realize it's been pretty obvious how much I miss the Midwestern Fall, and I believe my mother has interpreted these recent blog posts appropriately. Greg certainly didn't understand this, and thought this was a silly thing to mail someone....
But I loved it! THANKS MOM!!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment