Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Update on the roommate situation...

Yesterday afternoon, I was curious about the Giant Crab Spider, and where he might be spending his time since our meeting the night before. He had hid behind my window blinds, and I couldn't figure out just where he went. So I decided to explore...

I opened the blinds and looked around. No holes or cracks anywhere...Then I slid the window open...and there he was! Curled up in the upper tracking of the window. AHHH! I screamed and threw the window shut. After a few moments, I worked up the courage to try and suck it out of the window tracking with the vacuum that I'm borrowing from Greg. I connected all the extenders to the hose, turned on the vacuum, and prepared myself. Sliding the window open, I pointed the hose towards the tracking, and the spider started running around! Screaming yet again, I slammed the window shut and threw the hose down on the floor, running from the room. I'm sure it was quite the site.

I decided that I was not the right person for the job. I would leave the thing alone, and make Greg come over to take of it when he was done with work. While I worked on organizing my bedroom and closet, I continued to monitor that area of the room, making sure he didn't leave the window to crawl on the wall.

Later in the evening, Greg called me on his way home from work. I sweetly asked him to come over and take care of it for me. I didn't care if he killed it or released it outside, I just wanted it GONE! Being the sweet guy that he is, he stopped by. I showed him where the spider was, then left the room while he took care of business. Actually, I stood as far away as possible, without actually leaving the apartment. He laughed at me when he saw me standing between my wine rack and TV in my living room up against the wall.

And just like that, the spider was dead.

And I was alone again! :)

No comments: