This is the view as you enter the apartment, into the living room. You can see my balcony off the living room, through the patio door. There were supposed to be two 7 ft black bookshelves behind the sofa, but they were destroyed on the drive from St Louis to Tucson, and I have yet to replace them. Once in place, there will be about a 2.5-3 ft clearance between the shelves and the sofa.
Note: That corner by the ceiling is where I first encountered my ex-roommate. Almost every time I enter my bedroom, I glance up there to see if any other spider has dared enter the premises.
The following picture gives a little better view of the layout of my bathroom and closet from the bedroom (desk is behind me and to the right, bed to the left). The closet is pretty awesome-walk in with plenty of space for all my clothes. It's extremely cluttered right now, as I threw a bunch of stuff in there so the rest of the apartment wouldn't look so messy.
And the bathroom. It was difficult to really capture what it looks like-so hopefully the fact that I'm using the mirror to aid in this effort was worth it. Not really much to say about this space, except it's at least twice as large as my last bathroom. I love it.
Last but not least, the view from my balcony. There is a tall, beautiful pine tree that towers over the balcony, providing my apartment with plenty of shade. It's as if the man who planted that tree knew that one day, there would be a Midwestern girl that would live in this unit, and would need the shade to protect her from the heat of the desert. Isn't it wonderful how this sort of stuff works out?
No comments:
Post a Comment