Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Cloudy Day

It's almost mid-June, and apparently it has been unseasonably cool in Tucson. Meaning the temperatures during the day have only topped out in the low- to mid-90's instead of the usual triple digits. I'm not complaining, however! :)

Today it has been cloudy since the moment I got up this morning. I really thought that it was going to storm here, but there has not been a drop of rain all day. Thought I would share with you the dark clouds that covered the Catalinas today:


This is from the driveway in front of my building (which you cannot see), looking directly to the East. It is named Pusch Peak, part of Pusch Ridge, which is the most prominant part of the Catalinas. This ridge is made up of three peaks: Pusch Peak, Table Mountain and Bighorn Mountain. I laughed when I found out there was actually a mountain named "Bighorn." Reminded me of the computer game I used to play as a kid. Anyone else know what I'm talking about? It was with Goofy, and somehow, you had to help him climb the mountain...or something like that. I think it was called Bighorn....I digress.
Anyway, I'd like to go hiking in Pusch Ridge at some point. I think it would be neat to hike up on Pusch Peak, and look down at my apartment complex. If I could see it from 1200 feet that is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Uh, gee, RAH, you could also just use GOOGLE EARTH to look at your apartment from above.

LOL

carla :)