SO.....I've been gone for a while. Not really gone, just a little absent from the blogger world. No real reason for the break - I think I just got busy with life. Life is still busy, but I'd like to do a better job of capturing and storing it. To be honest, I've done a really poor job of chronicling my life over the past 3 years or so, and I'd like to change that. I just want a venue to capture my life. Trust me, I am well aware of the option of using Facebook as the window into my world, but I'm really not enjoying that form of social media right now. Or ever, really. There is just too much crap for me to weed through in order to utilize it for what I want - sharing myself with family, friends, and vice versa. Plus, I think that Facebook allows us all to create theses ideas in our heads about others (good or bad!), and that is so not cool! I'd just rather not even have to deal with sorting out those emotions!
At any rate, I'd like to start this up again, so if you are reading this, thanks! I'm really not trying to sell to a certain audience, so watch out. I may offend (but probably not....as you may soon find out, I really dislike conflict and try to avoid it at all costs), and will always be honest.
I am not going to try and give the play-by-play of the last 3 years....so as not to bore anyone. Besides, I don't know if I can even remember much of what has happened!!
Oh yeah, there was this:
I married the man who truly is the answer to many of my prayers and dreams on April 29, 2010. It was a magical day. We are still on our honeymoon 3 years later....
Getting married also meant I became a home owner! We really haven't done much with the house yet. Greg has planted a boatload of trees and shrubs (= green!!). House renovations and upgrades are due later this year....
Greg and I have been on many adventures over the last few years (although not as many as we'd like, of course!). We also purchased this:
And Greg did this (for those of you non-jeep/off-road-vehicle people, he put on a 6.5" lift kit and 34" tires; it was kind of a big deal):
We'll be taking that thing out later this year to test drive it in the Colorado Rockies. Can't wait!
Outside of those couple of things, life had just been life. Still working with the same company, still a part of a great group of folks at our church. Oh yeah, and that whole broid thing from a few years ago....it's all cleared up. I'm healed and healthy.
I'll try and recapture certain moments here and there when I am able. Should be sharing some more pictures soon as well.



No comments:
Post a Comment