I know they aren't official "medical doctors," but they are the BEST!!
Sunday morning I awoke with the most horrible neck pain. I slept funny, it was obvious. I spent the day with a heating pad on my neck, alternating with an ice pack. Greg tried massaging it a bit a few times, lending some temporary relief. I went to bed that night hoping that I would sleep funny on it again, but wake up without any discomfort. However, that was not the case.
I woke up feeling much worse, not even able to turn my head. I could barely wash my hair in the shower, wincing with each move I made. Getting dressed proved to be quite difficult, as I could hardly bed over to slip on the essentials. It was not cool. I had to hold my bowl of cereal up to my chin in order to eat my cheerios. I was reminded of the patients I once cared for as a nursing assistant-those whose movements were restricted with neck collars or halos.
Not able to turn in the driver's seat, I made it to work safely, without any accidents. Truly, I was worried about this! My co-workers could see the pain on my face upon entering the office. They all suggested I visit "Dr. Hottie," the chiropractor. He had an office suite in our building, and many of the other girls had seen him in the past. Apparently he's rather attractive in addition to being able to relieve extreme neck pain.
I went down and was able to get worked into the schedule for the day. Sure enough, he examined me and found that one of my vertebrae was "way out of wack." Meaning it was extremely misaligned. And with one swift movement, he cracked my neck. It was so loud and such a relief! He did it in the other direction as well, providing even more relief. I was amazed at how much better I felt. Wasn't 100% of course, but much improved.
I saw him again at the end of the work day, and he did some more crack-a-lackin. It was awesome.
I haven't really been able to sleep the past few nights, not able to get comfortable at all...but with each day I have improvements. Yesterday Dr. Hottie gave me a massage. It was rough and deep, but amazingly relieving. I see him again once more tomorrow. He says I'm healing, but it will be a while before I'm back to normal. I have a couple of knots in my shoulder now, likely developed to compensate for my crappy neck. That's most of the pain I'm experiencing at this point.
So to all Chiropractors out there, THANK YOU! You are amazing.
Oh, and Dr. Hottie really isn't that attractive. I don't know what the big deal is. Guess he's just not my type. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment