Friday, September 18, 2009

Strawberry Jam!!!

If you are bored and want to do something that includes fun, fruit, sugar and a sticky mess, then you should try making home made jam. Strawberries were on sale, so I decided to spend a night making home made jam. Although I have helped my mother make freezer jam before, I have never done this on my own. Furthermore, there are a few different steps involved when it comes to canning the jam versus freezing it. Had I a deep freeze, I may have gone with the freezer jam.

I used a recipe that I found on one of my favorite blogs, The Pioneer Woman. It isn't too different than any other strawberry jam recipe, so it is rather easy.

I meant to take pictures of the process, but got caught up with all the steps. I wanted to make sure I did everything right! But now I wish I did have pictures of the mess I created. At one point, I had jam all over the counter. Of course, I was sampling it after each step as well. Therefore, there were jam drippings down the front of my apron, some on my sternal area, along my forearms, and all over my face of course. I'm sure I was quite a sight. I guess I'll have to make sure to have someone on hand next time to snap some photographs. :)

But alas, I do have a couple pictures of the final product:



Doesn't it all just look glorious?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YUM! Looks fantastic, RA! Knowing how good a cook you are, I bet it tastes as good as it looks, too. I'm still reading Pioneer Woman. . .did you see the funny cake decorations?

ciao,
carla