Recently, we learned that my boss would be taking a new position within Bayada Nurses. Instead of overseeing our office, which has split into two offices, she will be the Director of Marketing for the Western portion of the country. It's a pretty exciting opportunity for her, and I know it will be a great way for her to help grow the company. Especially in Arizona. Starting October 1st, she will be working out of her home, and traveling 80% of the time. As a result, I have a new boss, who was recently promoted to this position as well. I'm looking forward to working with her as well.
In preparation of her departure, my current boss was going through the process of office employee performance evaluations with my future boss. Since I was still rather new, my eval was more of an opportunity for us to discuss what I've accomplished this far, and what I could look forward to with my true performance evaluation in March. I was a little nervous, not quite sure what to expect. Before I was hired, the office had gone through three other individuals. All had college degrees, all had home health care experience. None of them lasted through the 90 day probationary period. Fortunately, I knew that I had been doing a great job, so I was confident they would be keeping me on. I felt that I had progressed rather quickly, but at the same time, knowing that I still have a lot to learn.
So the eval was extremely encouraging, to say the least. My future boss shared many words of praise of my work, and the speed at which I have excelled in all that I do. Awesome!! She didn't even have anything negative to say (not even constructive criticism). I was feeling pretty optimistic and encouraged. THEN, my current boss put in her two cents. She went on and on about how impressed she was with my performance, and how often I have soared above all of her expectations. WOW!! I was shocked!
So I was feeling pretty good about this "review." But, then, it got better. My boss informed me that they would be promoting me!! YIKES!! I couldn't believe it. I mean, I knew that I was doing well, and that soon I would get bumped up in the company...perhaps around the end of the year. But not now!! I was floored. Following this news, my boss went on to say how her expectations are now even higher for me. In my future, she saw me running an office!! WOW!! Pretty exciting stuff!!
Officially, I am now a Client Services Manager, or CSM. My role doesn't really change at all from what it was previously, just the title (CSM Associate). And a couple other perks. Soon I will also be starting to be "on-call," taking calls after hours. Although we have official office hours of 8-5, we are a 24-hour company. Our clients need to be able to reach our nurses if needed. So we take turns taking calls via cell phone after hours. Should be exciting!! Besides, it involves some extra pay! Gotta pay off those student loans!!
Time to go celebrate!!
No comments:
Post a Comment