Thursday, July 16, 2009

Helping others

Although I'm still adjusting to the whole 8-5 Monday through Friday work week, I am enjoying the job that I have. The days go by pretty quick, but there is so much that is accomplished in those 9 hours. My co-workers continue to be supportive and encouraging, and forgiving as I continue to learn the ropes of the company and my role.

Most of all, I love that I am helping people, indirectly. I am managing care of individuals coming out of the hospital, rehab facility, nursing home, or wherever else, improving their lives and helping them heal. Certainly, not everyone heals; some only need temporary care and comfort. Still yet, we are there to help.

The company I work for is very concerned about the clients it caters to. From before my first day in the office, I learned that these people really do whatever they can to meet the needs of the patient. I recently discovered as well that the owner of the company is a Christian. What an amazing thing! To know that the man that runs this nationwide company created to care for people is a God-fearing man! Just another thing that makes going to work each day much more enjoyable.

Truth is, we all work for God, not man. He is our ultimate boss. Regardless of whether or not we enjoy our jobs, we need to keep mindful of the fact. All that we do is for Him, and Him alone.

No comments: